Our beloved pistachios, besides being delicious, offer many benefits to our body 💪
Pistachios are rich in mineral salts and vitamins and have numerous beneficial and nutritional properties: they are antioxidants, they help reduce cholesterol and more!
Let's discover all the benefits of pistachios together 😊
- Benefits for the heart and lower cholesterol: like almost all dried fruit, pistachios are able to lower the risk of contracting heart-related diseases, lowering the level of bad cholesterol (LDL) and raising the good one (HDL) because they contain fat monounsaturated.
Furthermore, the vitamin B6 content stimulates the production of hemoglobin which helps to oxygenate the blood.
- They help in case of anemia: Pistachios contain copper, an important mineral that helps the absorption of iron by preventing and treating anemia.
- They fight high blood pressure: thanks to the potassium content, pistachios are also able to keep high blood pressure under control, thus helping in case of hypertension.
- Prevent type II diabetes: the phosphorus contained within pistachios is able to keep the blood glucose level at bay and also decomposes amino acids.
- Pregnancy: pistachios are perfect to consume during pregnancy thanks to their Omega 3 and Omega 6 content, which help to develop the nervous system of the fetus correctly thanks also to the folic acid content.
In addition, the fiber content helps improve intestinal function by preventing constipation.
- Pistachios stimulate the nervous system: vitamin B6 contained in pistachios stimulates the production of myelin which is important for our brain as it helps nerve fibers to exchange information in an optimal way.
Pistachios also boost good mood and fight stress.
- Pistachios help healthy bones and teeth : thanks to important minerals contained in pistachios such as calcium, potassium, zinc, copper and iron, as well as B vitamins, they help maintain strong bones and teeth.
- Antioxidants and benefits for the eyes : pistachios also contain a high rate of antioxidants, essential for counteracting free radicals. In particular, lutein and zeaxanthin prevent the formation of eye-related diseases such as macular degeneration.
- They fight infections and improve the immune system: the polyphenols contained in pistachios are able to fight fungi and bacteria and soothe inflammation, moreover vitamin B6 helps in the production of red blood cells but also of white blood cells, improving our immune system and defending the body from infections.
- Cure for skin and hair: thanks to mineral salts such as copper, zinc, selenium, as well as lutein and vitamin H, pistachios are an excellent adjuvant for taking care of skin and hair.
Vitamin E also protects the skin from UV damage by slowing down aging and the appearance of wrinkles.
Pistachio oil is used to counteract skin dryness and skin aging: it is rich in vitamins (including vitamin E), Omega 3 and mineral salts.
It can be used to prepare nourishing and moisturizing face masks or as a massage oil.
How to consume pistachios:
The daily consumption of pistachios, recommended by the WHO (World Health Organization), is 30 grams per day (about 49 pistachios), strictly unsalted , which provide about 170 kcal.
Better to consume them as a snack or mid-morning or afternoon snack.
Pistachios are appreciated in the kitchen above all for their unmistakable flavour, suitable for sweet or savory dishes.
W pistachios! 😊💚
Important: This website does not give medical advice, nor does it suggest the use of products as a form of treatment for physical problems, for which medical advice is required.
The intention of the site is to be illustrative, not exhortative or didactic.